The Engineering Department is responsible for administering Robertsdale’s Land Use Ordinance and Building Codes as well as performing engineering services for city projects.
BUILDING INSPECTOR, CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
Phone: 251 947-2466
GREGORY B. SMITH, PE
OBTAINING A BUILDING PERMIT
- Complete Building Permit Request Form (Residential Commercial)along with a Subcontractor List (See forms for additional required documents.)
- Complete Land Use Certificate Application. (If not located within the corporate limits of the City of Robertsdale a Land Use Certificate may be required by Baldwin County. Please contact the Baldwin County Planning & Zoning Department at 251-972-8523 )
- Bring Building Permit Request Form, Land Use Certificate Application and other required information to the Building Inspection Department located at Robertsdale City Hall at 22647 Racine Street Robertsdale, AL. Commercial must submit 3 full size sets of plans. Residential must submit 2 full size sets of plans.
- Once a complete Building Permit Request form and all required documents have been submitted and reviewed, the city will calculate the amount owed for permit fees, utility tap fees and deposits and impact fees (if applicable), and the applicant will be contacted with the fee amount to be paid. In addition, at the time of permitting, the City of Robertsdale will collect and remit to the State of Alabama the Construction Industry Craft Training Fee equal to $1 per $1,000, of Total Value of Permitted Structures for any Non-Residential Construction.
- The applicant must then go to City Hall and pay the required fees. Once all required fees have been paid in full, the permit will be issued and a placard created for the job site.
NOTE: All new construction for commercial properties may have to go before the Robertsdale Planning Commission for a Site Plan approval, if required by the Land Use Ordinance, prior to a permit being issued. All commercial properties must submit a site plan prepared in accordance with the Land Use Ordinance that includes, but is not limited to a dimensioned site plan, grading plan and landscape plan. See Article IX.